General Manager and Concept Development - Family Entertainment Center
Do you have experience as a successful leader in the Family Entertainment Industry?
Have you ever wanted to be part of the design and concept development of a new Family Entertainment Center that is part of an established 88 year old company?
Do you find joy in delivering an industry leading guest experience?
If so, this is your next home!
Harkins Theatres is seeking an experienced dynamic entertainment industry professional to become General Manager to oversee our first stand-alone Family Entertainment Center. This position will also assist with the design and concept development, and also has the opportunity to grow to multisite supervision. The General Manager has the overall responsibility for delivering an industry-leading guest experience and operating a profitable, clean, guest service focused family entertainment center through motivational leadership by fostering a culture of inclusivity and creativity, continuous improvement, and data-driven decision-making.
The General Manager is responsible for operating a profitable FEC/theatre, providing a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations, interviews, trains, develops, empowers, coach/counsel and resolve problems with open communication. They will manage and operate the FEC/theatre within budget to include sales, labor, purchasing and production.
- Develop and manage a team to maximize business performance and efficiency. This includes P&L and Budget.
- Manage, maintain, and help create an industry-leading entertainment and F&B facility with a primary focus on guest experience.
- Creating a fun, inclusive guest-focused culture that provides personal development and growth opportunities for the team.
- Collaborate with Executive Team to innovate, identify and maximize performance of games, entertainment experiences, big screen programming, events and F&B offerings.
- Diligently manages all aspects of operations and all employees in accordance with Harkin’s policies and applicable laws to include interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, and development of employees; planning assigning and directing work; performance appraisals, rewarding and counseling employees.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. A combination of practical experience and education will be strongly considered.
- At least 5 years of FOH and/or BOH management positions and minimum of 2 years General Manager at a Family Entertainment Center and/or high-volume restaurant.
- Additional consideration given to candidates with 3+ years managing multiple outlets, new FEC and/or restaurant openings.
- Local or State regulation requirements regarding food handling or liquor service.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to submit evidence of vaccination.
- Competitive pay
- Generous Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Superior 401k program and match
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Stability that comes with our 88 year legacy in the entertainment industry
- Product discounts
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Family Entertainment Center
- Pay Type Salary
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA