Construction Services Technician II
Harkins Theatres seeks a skilled Construction Services Technician II to support Harkins Theatres' internal teams by performing construction trades-related work including responsibility for small construction projects and/or minor repairs as needed. The successful individual may serve as a team lead and provide guidance to other technicians designated to assist with construction projects and/or repairs.
- Completes numerous construction trades-related work including electrical, lighting, mechanical, carpentry, metal working & fabrication, drywall installation, repair & painting, tile, drilling, cutting and chiseling concrete, etc.
- Receives general project/task information from supervisor and determines best course of action to accomplish stated goals, including .materials & equipment needed, and team size.
- Makes arrangements and/or coordinates purchases for materials and equipment needed.
- Responsible for quality control to Harkins’ standards for all assigned projects.
- Monitors workload and schedules for teams and makes recommendation for adjustments to supervisor.
- Responsible for training / mentoring less-experienced technicians
- Creates, updates, and closes Zen desk tickets as necessary.
- Plans and coordinates employee resources with construction, facilities, operations, IT, and human resources to ensure projects are staffed appropriately.
- Performs safety repairs for potentially hazardous conditions.
- Reads, analyzes, interprets and implements solutions from blueprints, manuals, schematics, contract documents, control drawings, equipment specifications and governmental regulations.
- Performs various tasks that may include hauling or moving boxes and other equipment, scaffolding work, roof repairs, refurbishing and installing theatre seats, etc.
- Records regular work, mileage and expense reports utilizing a computer-based program.
- Communicates effectively in writing and orally.
- Overnight Travel 25%-35%.
- Varied work and travel schedule dictated by project locations and demands.
- Must have current auto insurance at all times as well as valid drivers license.
- Must maintain and properly use company issued tools and materials.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site.
- Sets high standards for self while maintaining company standards, policies, and procedures to ensure delivery of the ultimate moviegoing experience at all times.
- Maintains a professional working environment while setting a positive and professional example.
- Must carry a cell phone and respond to calls/emails in a timely manner, occasionally after hours.
- May load and operate company vehicle, ensuring all safety precautions for securing the cargo and following applicable traffic and department of transportation rules.
- Reviews technician’s weekly timesheets and mileage to ensure work/project descriptions are accurate.
- Assists others when required.
- College degree, trade school certification, high school diploma or GED and 5+ years of experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, etc.
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities and awareness of surrounding issues.
- Supervisory/team building/mentoring experience a plus.
- Knowledge of general job safety procedures, OSHA and Company specific safety rules and willingness to follow the same.
- Able to work on a construction site and cooperate with/assist on-site contractors.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical documents and procedures.
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, apply concepts such as fractions, ratios and proportions to practical situations, and calculate figures and amounts such as area and volume.
- Capable of remaining calm and using good judgment in elevating situations.
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and internet research.
- Able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to safely operate forklift, boom and scissor lifts.
- Able to perform and train lock out- tag out procedures.
- Able to lift 75 pounds.
- Flexible to work variable schedules including some evening/ overnight shifts
- Reliable truck or van and willingness to travel.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Able to focus with frequent interruptions and navigate aggressive deadlines while maintaining flexibility and composure.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to work independently and/or with a team.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to submit evidence of vaccination.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Construction
- Pay Type Hourly
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA