Technical Services Specialist III - Event Support
Harkins Theatres is looking for a Technical Services Specialist III to join our Information Technology team. The Technical Services Specialist III provides advanced level support and preventive maintenance for theatre and TSO event equipment including microphone systems, sound processors, sound mixers, video processors, video matrixing equipment, video gaming consoles and controllers, self-powered speakers, Blu-ray and various media players, video conferencing equipment and various cables and adapters. Provides on-site support and set up for high profile and technologically complex events and Harkins Gaming Tournaments. Supports TSO video conferencing and training events.
- Participates in the set-up, take down, transportation and maintenance of Harkins Gaming Tournament equipment.
- Works with the Sales department and guests before the event (Run-Through) to test guest equipment compatibility and address any anomalies or potential risks.
- Conducts regular training of approved event set up processes with Theatre Management.
- Responds to, troubleshoots, and resolves helpdesk tickets and assists other team members in issue resolution.
- Performs advance troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of projection and sound systems.
- Maintains and assists with the setup of microphones, external audio and video sources and the required cabling and equipment related to special in theatre events.
- Provides guidance to theatre management and the Technical Services team on best practices, general operation of presentation and point of sale equipment, and routine preventive maintenance.
- Performs preventive maintenance on technical equipment as scheduled or assigned.
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, and creates images of desktop and laptop PCs, Apple products, other handheld devices, and peripheral devices.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains point of sale equipment including registers, scanners, cash drawers, payment capturing devices, receipt and ticket printers, kiosks, and touch screen monitors.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains copiers and network printers.
- Provides first level support of servers and data networking technology.
- Troubleshoots and maintains security systems, including CCTV, security, and access control systems.
- Must be flexible to work variable schedules.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site required.
- Must have reliable transportation as travel is required between designated company locations daily with up to 30% out-of-town travel.
- Must maintain auto insurance and valid driver’s license at all times.
- Must carry a cell phone and be available evenings and weekends for emergencies and participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to submit evidence of vaccination.
- College degree and 4 years work experience, or high school diploma/GED and 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Technical certifications preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience or ability to show advanced level of proficiency in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining audio/video systems in a cinema or theatre environment, end user computer hardware and software, Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft applications required.
- Experience supervising or mentoring others required.
- Experience leading and managing medium to large technology-based projects.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and
- accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Hourly
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA