Site Coordinator | DSP| Supported Living
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Coordinate the daily needs of individuals with developmental disabilities in Supported Living and the supervision and coordination of staff.
- Oversight of the day to day functioning of multiple supported living locations ensuring oversight of each individual service plan and documentation of all activities and tasks
- Oversight and coordination of site staffing needs including running medical appointments and monitoring overtime
- Supervise Direct Support Specialists. Serve as a primary source for conducting performance appraisals, and providing regular feedback and guidance. Maintain complete documentation on personnel actions. Ensure employees receive the proper training for the assigned position.
· Ensure the health and welfare of participants by assisting with activities of daily living, supervising appropriate diet and medication/health needs, intervening in crisis situations, and assisting consumers to engage in their communities.
- Communicate with families, friends, guardians, supervisors, doctors, counselors and others regarding the current status and progress of participants.
- Review all direct care staff documentation to ensure compliance with county, state and federal guidelines.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Compile monthly LPS and private pay notes for billing.
- Ensure the timely return of phone calls from stakeholders.
- Manage coverage for overnight, weekend, and after-hours emergencies by serving in an on-call rotation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Minimum two years of experience working directly with developmentally disabled individuals OR a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and at least one year of experience providing direct services to individuals with DD conditions
- Must maintain certifications in CPR, AED, Medical Certification and First Aid
- Must have current, valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance
· Must have annual Abuse/Neglect Rights, MUI training, and other mandatory trainings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations involved with developmentally disabled programs.
- Ability to balance the wants and needs of both the staff and consumers.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels
- Subjected to varying outdoor weather conditions during outings.
· Exposed to potentially dangerous physical situations when participants exhibit assaultive or inappropriate behaviors.
· May be exposed to potentially hazardous bodily fluids or chemicals
- Varied off-site employment setting with a wide-range of environmental or atmospheric conditions such as pets and tobacco smoke.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and communicate on a daily basis.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Must be able to assist with the physical support and care of participants as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance to provide personal care to individuals.
- May be required to travel in inclement weather.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Supported Living-Edgehill Headquarters, 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America