Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Performs production functions as assigned to meet all production requirements. Ride along with Box Truck Driver to assist with Goodwill At Your Door donation pickups.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide physical labor to move, shelve, and organize warehouse items.
- Sort, package, and prepare inventory for shipment.
- Prepare and operate tools, equipment, and machinery to achieve assigned warehouse duties.
- Adhere to Goodwill attendance and performance standards.
- Maintaining work area and/or machinery in a neat and clean manner.
- Load furniture, boxes and bags of donations to box trucks during pickups.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Operate forklift and/or pallet jack to load and unload trucks, moving pallets and heavy inventory.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Report any potential or actual safety violations or losses to safeguard GWC assets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- One year experience in warehousing or related field is preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of operating a forklift, bale machine, manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to physically sort, carry, hang and/or load merchandise.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to loud noise levels.
- Subjected to varying, inclement outdoor weather conditions.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts and in potentially dangerous physical situations.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, grasp, push, reach, and bend.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination ; able to perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2675 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, USA