Professional Services - Project Manager/Implementation Specialist
Questica is on the hunt for someone with project management and process improvement knowledge to join our Professional Services team. In this role, you will work directly with clients to implement new budgeting systems using Questica’s powerful budgeting application. Ensuring that the deliverables fall within the scope of the implementation, you, with your detail-orientation and enthusiasm, will listen to customers’ budgeting needs, analyze their current processes, and implement those processes. This is an opportunity to directly contribute to Questica’s mission to transform budgets, and GTY’s mission to transform government.
Coming from different professional backgrounds, what our successful IS/PMs have in common is the ability to learn and adapt, a high comfort level with software database applications, excellence in handling data, and professionalism in a client facing commercial context. With that said, prior knowledge of public sector budgeting and/or systems implementation is a big plus.
As the title implies, this role involves two major aspects: Implementation and Project Management. Through both sides of this role, you will be:
A PROBLEM SOLVER, A COLLABORATOR,
A TECHNICAL MASTERMIND, and A BUSINESS PARTNER.
- You will work directly with customers through all stages of implementation, analyzing business needs, recommending best practice, and ensuring smooth, on-time/on-budget completion of multiple concurrent implementations
- You will collaborate with clients to determine needs and make recommendations, taking detailed notes
- You will analyze existing budgeting processes, identify gaps and improvements to be built in the system to provide an efficient and comprehensive budgeting tool
- You will analyze client’s data, prepare for migration to Questica, load data from Excel using Questica Budget’s data load interface
- You will be a business partner to other departments in Questica, sharing your expertise
- You will ensure the orderly implementation of our products from end of sales process through to fully utilizing Questica’s budget products
- You will clarify timelines and mutual needs, track against plan – regular communications
- You will identify, assess, and prioritize implementation issues, managing to resolution – work internally to get the best result for your clients
Here’s what we will do for YOU:
- Teach you. At Questica, we value and reward continuous learning, offering all the resources and tools you need to get ramped up and set you up for success.
- Reward you. All of Questica’s employees are paid competitive salaries (and we only expect an honest 40-hour work week for it).
- Take care of you. We offer a comprehensive benefits package a company-sponsored RSP program!
- Set you free. We carefully foster a work environment where employees have a safe space for creative and intellectual freedom, and the opportunity to work cross-functionally,
The Right Fit
The role is multi-skilled, and you are not expected to start on day one with competence in all areas. Even if some but not all the skills, education, experience, and core competencies below resonate with you, you might be the right fit and we want to get to know you!
Education & Experience
- You have a post-secondary diploma/degree or significant work experience, ideally in finance or IT systems
- You have significant experience in one or more aspects of software application delivery (systems implementation, project management, analysis, QA, training, etc.)
- You are able to conduct data analysis and possess proficiency with Excel
- You have self-confidence and the ability to take the lead in a workshop environment
- You have superior oral and written communication skills; and are extremely well-organized
- You are able to work with managerial support but little oversight – you are assertive decision maker, self-starter
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines, while maintaining high quality of work
- You are able to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- … and you’re commercially savvy!
- Municipal / healthcare / education budgeting experience
- Process improvement and budgeting methodologies, specifically grant accounting, budget allocations, projections and forecasting
- Experience in helping clients deal with change
- Hands-on use and implementation of financial planning applications (web based is a plus)
- Design and documentation of reports generated from relational databases – ability to author reports (SSRS or PowerBI) a significant plus
- Familiarity with Autotask, Asana, or similar software for project tracking and time management
Core Competencies: Communication, Learning-Oriented, Problem Solving, Independent & Team-Oriented, Technically-Savvy, Active Listening, Curiosity, Self-Confidence, Leadership, Analytical
- Pay Type Salary