Technical Solutions Specialist
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a high performing team that’s making public sector budgeting easier, smarter, and more transparent. As Questica grows, we are expanding our professional services team. We're currently seeking team members with deep experience in SSRS reporting and related skills.
The successful candidate’s primary role is the development of SSRS reports for the customers of our Questica Budget enterprise budgeting system. You will interact with internal resources and directly with customers, bringing your experience to the process of design and development of these reports. As technology evolves so will Questica’s, into the realms of Microsoft Power BI or similar technologies. The successful candidate will have the capability and interest to grow with us.
You will also be responsible for building SQL interfaces with 3rd party systems for data ETL. Most professional services team members also spend time supporting our Application Support team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Questica Project Managers, and directly with customers, to design and develop custom SSRS reports.
- Build ETL processes in SQL to exchange data between Questica Budget and 3rd party systems
- Handle multiple such implementations concurrently.
- Attain understanding of the Questica Budget system to provide application support.
- Carry out system installation.
- Trouble-shoot installation issues (database, server, network, firewall).
- Provide expertise to other departments within Questica.
Here’s what we will do for YOU:
- Teach you. We value and reward continuous learning, offering all the resources and tools you need to get ramped up and set you up for success.
- Reward you. All of our employees are paid competitive salaries. As a sales leader, you will also be incented by a lucrative commission plan.
- Take care of you. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a company-sponsored RSP program!
- Set you free. We carefully foster a work environment where employees have a safe space for creative and intellectual freedom, and the opportunity to work cross-functionally.
- Challenge you. As part of the GTY Technology family of companies, we offer a dynamic environment with considerable opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
The Right Fit
Who You Are:
Skills and Abilities that are Essential to the role:
- Microsoft SQL development using SQL Server Management Studio and/or Visual Studio
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), ideally using Visual Studio Report Project
- Above average written and verbal customer communication skills.
We would also like to hear about your skills in:
- Application support
- SQL Server optimization
- Windows Server installation
- Microsoft Azure configuration and management
- IIS (Internet Information Services)
- Single sign-on technologies (ADFS, LDAP, SAML, CAS, Google Auth, Windows Authentication, etc)
- Municipal / healthcare / education technology
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with automated data migration/ETL in SQL
Core Competencies: Data Integrity, Client Service, Problem Solving, Independence, Teamwork, Communication, Creative Thinking, Initiative, Decision Making
Location & Travel
This role will be based out of our beautiful new office in Oakville, Ontario. We will give consideration to excellent candidates living elsewhere in North America, working from their own fully equipped home office.
This position requires travel within the USA and Canada. In most cases, you will be the person determining what travel is required and when.
Questica is the recognized leader in budgeting and performance management software. Hundreds of government agencies, K-12 schools, universities, colleges, hospitals, healthcare facilities and non-profit organizations throughout North America have opted for smarter planning, budgeting, management, transparency, sharing and engagement using our budget, performance and data visualization solutions.
We are a well-established entrepreneurial company of 100-plus employees, offering a modern, state-of-the-art workplace in Oakville, Ontario. With a focus on distinct and best-of-breed software development and implementation along with exceptional customer service.
Questica is part of the GTY Technology group of companies (NASDAQ: GTYH). A GovTech100 Company, GTY is a leading provider of SaaS/Cloud solutions for the public sector. Through its six subsidiaries, GTY offers an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments spanning functions in procurement, payments, grant management, budgeting, and permitting.
- Pay Type Salary
- Questica, 603 Michigan Drive, Oakville, Ontario, Canada