Senior Manager, Marketing
Canada ● United States ● Virtual Req #146
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
OpenCounter is searching for a natural leader with a strategic mindset who will take our category leadership and competitive advantage to the next level! This is your opportunity to make a big impact and use your skills to directly contribute to a mission that supports communities through the digital transformation of the government.
Joining our Marketing function as Senior Manager, Marketing, you’ll be a key member of the OpenCounter leadership team and work to establish overall business plans and determine how marketing can best support their success. As part of a high-growth and fast-paced SaaS company, you’ll be required to adjust to market changes and pivot priorities accordingly. Productive relationships with Sales, Customer Experience and Product are critical to the success of this position.
You’ll lead core go-to-market activities and ongoing product success throughout the customer journey. In addition, you’ll use your domain and market knowledge to set the direction for demand generation and other shared services to strategize and execute high impact programs.
As the internal and external evangelist and influencer you’ll ensure all go-to-market teams are equipped with the right tools, knowledge, and information to drive OpenCounter’s continued growth and success in the market. Results-oriented, you’ll ultimately measure your success on the overall bookings and sourced pipeline the Permit marketing function contributes.
What You’ll Do:
- Optimize: In partnership with the Sales and Customer Experience teams, define an approach for the collective team to optimize the buyer's journey from awareness through to upsell
- Strategize: Establish overall strategy and business objectives for the Permit marketing function
- Execute: Own go-to-market from strategy to execution including key product positioning, sales and marketing asset development, website and demand programs activation and enablement to ensure all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing opportunity for conversion
- Solve Problems: Develop product strategies and roadmaps that solve the most critical challenges buyers face today, while paving the way for tomorrow
- Crush Your Goals: Work across product lines, personas and segments to balance requirements and achieve targets for new business and expansion
- Partner Up: Foster relationships with the community of analysts, industry associations, and thought leaders to build them into advocates of the brand and solution
- Keep Score: Measure performance of all aspects of marketing while constantly experimenting to improve and optimize performance
- Manage Budget: Support budget definition and spend management
- Collaborate: As a key member of the leadership team, work with other functions to support their success and influence their contribution to marketing initiatives
- Keep Your Ducks in a Row: Guide prioritization to ensure time and energy are invested on the most impactful initiatives, ranging from new business, upsell and client retention
- Grow Together: Drive market expansion and revenue growth by developing go-to-market strategies from awareness through to purchase and expansion
- Team Up: Work cross-functionally with GTY and the Business Units to identify opportunities for cross-sell and optimization
The Right Fit
Who You Are:
- You’re a natural leader and have taken ownership of the product marketing function in previous roles with the demonstrated ability to drive results
- Experience developing a positioning that differentiates products and features within a market
- Strong research skills and ability to pull trends and analysis from different resources, including customer & buyer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive analysis to drive strategic marketing decisions
- You have testimonials from sales teams you’ve empowered with content and selling strategies
- You have exceptional organizational and time management skills and understand where to invest your time to maximize results
- You demonstrate superb verbal and written communication and have a strong ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external stakeholders
- You’re collaborator by nature an know how to work and build relationships with sales, marketing, product, buyers and users
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of B2B Product Marketing experience within a SaaS or technology environment
- Degree or diploma in Business, Marketing, Product or a related field
- Experience in permitting or marketing to the public sector
- A track record of launching great products
Core Competencies: Leadership; Oral and written communications; Collaboration and sales alignment; Analytical; Commercial Awareness; Project Management; Creative Problem Solving; Growth oriented; Networking and Relationship Building; Accountability
Planning and Organizing
Location: OpenCounter is headquartered in Boston, but we are a remote-first and distributed team. Work from anywhere in the US and Canada!
What It's Like to Work at OpenCounter
At OpenCounter, we’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. As part of the GTY Technology family of companies, we offer a dynamic environment with considerable opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Here are some of the perks that OpenCounter employees enjoy:
💵 Competitive wages
We pay competitive wages and salaries, and we only expect an honest 40 hour week for it.🏝 Flexible vacationTake the time you need for that special trip or a much-needed staycation. Everyone receives a guaranteed annual vacation allowance plus anything additional you can arrange with your manager.🙌 Philanthropy daysSpend time on the philanthropic projects that matter to you while still getting paid (we get a serious case of the warm fuzzies when our employees put on their super capes and do good out there!)⛳️ BenefitsAsk us for a copy of our generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program.💸 Spending AccountsEnjoy a Flexible spending account and dependent flexible spending account.🎉 Culture, care, and fun!Join a small-team spirit environment with a stable backbone and strong growth potential. We support each other's growth through the company's goals and a culture of collaboration and transparency.
OpenCounter is on a mission to build a modern user interface to local government. Our permitting and licensing portals help constituents navigate the permitting process while freeing up staff resources and increasing customer satisfaction. We've assembled a team of seasoned government innovators and Silicon Valley technologists to build the most advanced permitting and licensing engine on the market. Today, we work with cities and counties across the country to streamline permitting and help their communities thrive.
About GTY Technology Holdings Inc.
OpenCounter is part of GTY Technology Holdings Inc. (“GTY”), a leading public sector technology company. Through its six business units, GTY offers an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments, education institutions, and healthcare organizations spanning functions in procurement, payments, grant management, budgeting, and permitting.
Please visit our website: https://opencounter.com/ and check out our Life Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/gtytechnology/life/opencounter/.
OpenCounter and all GTY Business units are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status concerning public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- United States