Do you have an interest in helping local governments reinvent their user experience? At CityBase, we’re a fast-growing software company on the cutting-edge of technology, singularly focused on creating a platform and products for local governments. We work with more than 100 government agencies, including 8 of the top 20 cities in the US, and utilities driving improved customer service, more efficient operations, and better data. In other words, we’re making govtech cool, and are looking for smart, self-starting people to help define that next generation. Our clients include the City of Chicago, where we’re bringing all payments online and vastly increasing in-person payments options; the City of San Francisco, where we’re improving the user experience of digital payments and automating much of the funding process; and the Consolidated City of Indianapolis and Marion County, where we have evolved the City-County website, Indy.gov, into a digital city hall. We are also working with several other top cities, such as the City-County of Denver, City of Austin, and New York City.
As a Senior Account Executive, we’re looking for energy, passion, and a thirst for learning about the govtech space, the prospects and clients you will work with, and the skills you will develop which will serve you for the rest of your career. You will be responsible for (a) focusing, following up, and developing prospects who have engaged with CityBase, as well as (b) proactively acquiring new government and utility accounts within a defined territory.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth technology organization during prime growth mode.
- Qualify and convert leads from marketing campaigns
- Prospect new opportunities using phone, email, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, etc.
- Be the voice of our company to potential clients through positioning, presentations, proposals, and a guide for their buying journey
- Meet and/or exceed new business revenue targets
Be a Voice of the Field:
- Manage sales cycles and present the value of our solutions to Director-and-above level contacts
- Responsible for using the company’s CRM software (Salesforce) to input client interaction insights, key opportunity information and forecast your business on a weekly basis
- Partner with internal colleagues and peers to continuously improve processes, drive innovation and share best practices
- Travel as necessary to develop new opportunities, including representing the company at industry trade shows (up to 20% travel)
- Have an eagerness for learning and a willingness to constantly improve your own performance
- Be a thought leader and a teacher to your clients
- Assist in growing the revenue and profitability of the company
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge and insight related to general trends, methodologies, emerging technologies, and competitors.
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of sales experience preferred in sales and or
- business development roles
- Experience working in a virtual team
- Proven ability to generate new business through multi-channel prospecting
- Comfort and fluency with technology and technical concepts, with SaaS (Software as a Service) experience, preferred
- Comfort and strong ability to influence decision-makers at Director and above levels
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with CRM software like Salesforce or similar tools
- Ability to change in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working with cities, states, counties, or utilities a plus!
At CityBase, we’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible spending account, dependent flexible spending account, and a pre-tax commuter program
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Paid Parental leave
- We offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with a pool table, a ping pong table, casual seating, and more
- Pay Type Salary
- United States