Database Administrator (DBA)
We are looking for a talented and flexible Database Administrator to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure databases’ integrity, usability, and availability.
By bringing a good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts and a solid understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance, you can easily design and implement business processes into functional and efficient code and implement and manage eCivis data management practices and policies.
Strategy & Planning
- Drive eCivis data strategy and ensure our use of the AWS data lake and QuickSight functionality is best-in-class.
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases with data owners and department managers.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Create models for new database development and changes to existing ones.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for database modifications.
- Develop routines for end-users to facilitate best practices in database use.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access and database consistency and integrity.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, optimize, and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Create, or support the creation of required reports in response to business user needs.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards supporting procurement and development efforts.
- Perform database transaction and security audits.
- Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Manage and guide junior members of the team.
Here’s what we will do for YOU:
- Teach you. At eCivis, we value and reward continuous learning, offering all the resources and tools you need to get ramped up and set you up for success.
- Reward you. All of eCivis’ employees are paid competitive salaries (and we only expect an honest 40-hour work week for it). We also offer an equity plan to employees!
- Take care of you. We offer healthcare insurance, company-sponsored life and long-term disability insurance, a 401K Retirement Plan, personal time off, and maternity and paternity leave.
- Set you free. We carefully foster a work environment where employees have a safe space for creative and intellectual freedom, and the opportunity to work cross-functionally.
The Right Fit
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience in both Microsoft SQL Server and Amazon RDS
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers, including the AWS environment
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Keen attention to detail and Project management experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working in a disparate, team-oriented, collaborative environment
Location: This role is 100% remote. Work from anywhere in the US and Canada! Candidates must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
eCivis is a fast-growing, mission-based SaaS company in the emerging Govtech market. eCivis provides the #1 SaaS/Cloud grants management and cost allocation software solution in state, local and tribal government markets. eCivis is part of GTY Technology (NASDAQ: GTYH), the leading public sector SaaS company offering a cloud-based suite of solutions for North American state and local governments.
Our company’s mission is to deliver a fully integrated cloud platform that helps state, local and tribal government agencies maximize their grant revenues, track financial and program performance, prepare cost allocation plans and budgets, stay compliant, and access free open data tools to better utilize Federal resources.
eCivis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status concerning public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Salary
- United States