Grants Research Editor (Remote, U.S.)
eCivis, the market leader in providing web-based grants research and management solutions to local governments (software as a service), is seeking a highly motivated Research Editor with a sharp eye for detail and a desire to help strengthen communities!
The Editing department is primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of the Research product and providing occasional editing assistance to other departments. Daily duties include proofing and editing the research product to ensure formatting, grammatical, spelling, and punctuation accuracy in accordance with eCivis internal style guidelines, in addition to verifying facts and ensuring the quality of the information provided. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed, and based on the individual editor’s experience and demonstrated expertise. In addition to being detail-oriented, candidates must possess excellent time management skills, flexibility, and the ability to maintain focus and drive in a remote work environment.
- Proofread materials to ensure that content is accurate, grammatically correct, structurally sound, and consistent with proprietary style guidelines
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of company products, purpose, and objectives to ensure that information is properly conveyed
- Actively work with Research Analysts to refine and produce high-quality deliverables under tight daily and weekly deadlines
- Help train new employees in style and format specifications
- Help to maintain and update department style guide
- Complete a two-month training period and achieve continuous performance objective goals
Here’s what we will do for YOU:
- Teach you. At eCivis, we value and reward continuous learning, offering all the resources and tools you need to get ramped up and set you up for success.
- Reward you. All of eCivis’ employees are paid competitive salaries (and we only expect an honest 40-hour work week for it). We also offer an equity plan to employees!
- Take care of you. We offer healthcare insurance, company-sponsored life and long-term disability insurance, a 401K Retirement Plan, personal time off, and maternity and paternity leave.
- Set you free. We carefully foster a work environment where employees have a safe space for creative and intellectual freedom, and the opportunity to work cross-functionally.
The Right Fit
- Impeccable grammar, punctuation, and language skills
- Expertise in language style, accuracy, and speed in reading detailed material
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet daily project deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong desire to give back and better the communities to which you belong
- Willingness to do any job, great or small, regardless of your job description
- Driven to continually improve yourself and the environment in which you work
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual and Associate Press style guides
- Interest in local government or grant funding
Education & Experience:
- At least two years proofreading or editing experience in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field
- Technical writing or editing background
- Advanced experience with Internet, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite
HERE'S HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should be able to work from Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements online. PLEASE enter the following job code in your Cover Letter: EC-0422.
No faxes, phone calls, or postal mail submissions. Due to the large volume of resumes received, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No recruiter calls, please. eCivis, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This position is for full-time employment.
GTY Business units are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender.
- Pay Type Hourly
- United States