FT Retail Custodian-Alexandria, VA
DIVISION: Best Kept Buildings (BKB)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Area Manager and/or General or Retail Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide preventative cleaning services for retail store in accordance with green cleaning methods and best industry practices. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
§ Boss Relationships
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains cleanliness of all assigned areas in the retail store, ensuring store is clean, hazard free (within the custodian’s span of control) and customer ready prior to opening.
2. Performs cleaning duties such as dusting lights, furniture, shelves and other horizontal surfaces, dry and/or wet mopping hard floor surfaces, vacuuming carpets, emptying and cleaning trash containers and ashtrays, spot cleaning walls, carpets and windows, and using the high speed buffer to burnish hard floor surfaces.
3. Cleans, maintains and ensures basic security of assigned equipment.
4. Notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repair or replacement or any other potential safety hazard.
*This position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of up to 40 pounds. Prolonged walking and standing are required as well as frequent bending, reaching and stooping.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cleans and maintains assigned equipment.
2. Notifies supervisor of equipment and facilities needing repair or replacement or any other potential safety hazard.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Two years previous commercial cleaning experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to decipher/comprehend signs indicating danger.
- Skilled in the knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment such as a scrubber and extractor as required by site specifications.
- Proven track record of dependability.
- Excellent customer service skills i.e. ability to communicate positively and consistently with the customer, co-workers and supervisor; deliver professional consistent results.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening as required by assigned site.
- Previous custodial experience.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 7558 Telegraph Rd, Alexandria, VA 22315, USA