Retail Team Leader Falls Church
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists management in the operation of the Goodwill retail store; this includes customer service, recordkeeping, cash management, facility operation, communications, merchandising, and marketing inventory control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the store manager with the overall operation of the retail store.
2. Assists the store manager in the compliance and enforcement of company policy and standards.
3. Assists in performing daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations and cash transactions.
4. Monitors sales transactions associated with purchases and ensures proper sales procedures are followed by store associates.
5. Maintains the general appearance of store and premises according to Goodwill standards.
6. Assists to ensure the enforcement of store safety and security procedures.
7. Assists in settling customer complaints.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Makes bank deposits.
2. Opens and closes the store as necessary.
3. Assists in the supervision and training of retail associates.
4. Assists during the interviews and instructs workers in such a manner as to develop their full working potential.
5. Assists with maintain proper staffing levels.
6. Assists with monitoring the time and attendance system.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the retail staff including the donation attendants, processors, and sales associates.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and at least 6 months of supervisory experience. Successful completion of both GGW’s Aspiring Managers and Employ Excellence may be substituted for this requirement.
2. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Reading and math skills at or above an 11th grade skill level.
4. Ability to bend and lift 40 – 50 pounds frequently.
5. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift).
6. Previous cashier experience.
7. Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the internet.
8. Excellent customer service skills.
1. Previous experience working in a retail department store environment.
2. Ability to coach and direct employees.
3. Ability to gracefully adapt to periodic and rapid change.
4. Fluent in English and Spanish.
Medium Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Moderate occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Competitive salaries
- Career growth opportunities
- Professional development
- Strong organizational culture
- Sustainable business model
- Medical and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Caring Fund (Employee Emergency Financial Assistance)
- Employee Connect/EAP (family resource provider)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave: Paid time off for birth, adoption and foster care placement
- Short and long term disability
- Generous employee discount
- No Inventory or overnights
It takes Goodwill to do great things!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Falls Church Goodwill Store, 6136-A Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, Virginia, United States of America