Donation Attendant Sterling
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Provides excellent customer service to Goodwill of Greater Washington donors and customers inside and outside of retail locations; greet donors, receives donations, and supply donors with receipts. Prepares donations for the production processing area and works as a transitional team member expediting merchandise in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external guests.
2. Creates a welcoming atmosphere by greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles; donations may vary in weight with some weighing 40 – 50 pounds.
3. Completes donor receipts and offers the donor a copy.
4. Sorts donated items into designated categories.
5. Follows good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the General Manager, Store Manager, or Assistant Manager.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists truck and driver helper load/unload donations into company vehicles.
2. Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill Standards.
3. Performs general housekeeping duties as needed.
4. Performs other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. A minimum of six months of previous work experience.
2. Ability to have exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
3. Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic instruction.
4. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with associates and customers.
5. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours – per 8 hour shift).
6. Ability to lift 40 pounds and up to 50 pounds frequently.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to motivate and mediate groups.
3. Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
4. Previous pallet packing and forklift experience.
5. Basic computer skills.
6. Multilingual with fluency in English.
Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to10 pounds. Walking or standing to a significant degree, involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. 0 Heavy Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Limited General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.).
Moderate occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.).
High Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.).
We are proud to be an
EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sterling Goodwill Store, 22405 Enterprise Street, Sterling, Virginia, United States of America