FT-Merchandise Processor Glebe Road
lign your passion and purpose at Goodwill
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Partner with production and retail team members in a high energy fast-paced environment to perform a variety of operational functions that include sorting, processing and preparing donated merchandise to display for sale and distribution in a Goodwill retail store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Transfers merchandise from containers to determine appropriateness for the sales floor in accordance with established guidelines.
2. Stays abreast of brand name, designer labels, current and vintage styles.
3. Sorts apparel into boutique, salable, and salvage categories according to quota.
4. Places items on hangers, places hangers on rolling rack, and transports them to the sales floor keeping similar items grouped.
5. Counts pieces of clothing and records on Daily Hanger Report.
6. Places non-sellable merchandise in the appropriate container.
7. Prices all sellable items for the retail store.
8. Follows good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the manager on duty.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a pace at which one is able to meet daily quota for pieces processed.
2. Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
3. Assists in the collection and stocking of donated merchandise.
4. Provides excellent service to Goodwill’s donors and retail customers.
5. Performs other duties as directed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. A minimum of six months of previous work experience.
2. Ability to perform basic math.
3. Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic instruction.
4. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with associates and customers.
5. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours – per 8 hour shift).
6. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
3. Previous experience working with merchandise pricing
4. Basic computer skills
5. Multilingual with fluency in English.
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/ carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.).
- Competitive salaries
- Career growth opportunities
- Professional development
- Strong organizational culture
- Sustainable business model
- Medical and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Caring Fund (Employee Emergency Financial Assistance)
- Employee Connect/EAP (family resource provider)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave: Paid time off for birth, adoption and foster care placement
- Short and long term disability
- Generous employee discount
- No Inventory or overnights
It takes Goodwill to do great things!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 10 S Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22204, USA