KISSsoft Technical Support Engineer
The KISSsoft Technical Sales Support Engineer is responsible for helping to support the technical sales and engineering of the KISSsoft product for the US and Canada. You will work directly with US and Switzerland operations to help support, develop, and grow KISSsoft Sales and technical capabilities in the US and Canada.
Software Technical Support:
- Support KISSsoft customers with technical questions related the use of the software
- Help customer with licensing and installations
- Provide customers with software evaluation versions
- Communicate with customers over the phone and email to help answer any software related questions
- Create support videos and training materials
- Assist with organizing and teaching basic training classes, both in person and virtually
- Prepare training classes using training materials, presentations, and shared with the team in Switzerland
- Participate in and support any technical papers to help promote company capabilities and expertise
- Provide suggestions for software enhancements and features based on your experience and market feedback.
- Solid Model 3D and 2D drawing creation experience using Solidworks or Creo preferred
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of experience using KISSsoft/KISSsys
- Knowledge of gear design, materials, and manufacturing processes a plus
- Understanding of transmissions with gears, shafts, and bearings a plus
- Engineering design experience a plus
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solidworks and/or Creo
- 10-15% of the year
- Customer facilities for presentations, demos, and training classes
- Technical conferences
- Internal sales meetings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that would need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees are required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their manager or supervisor.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an all inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements or duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Gleason is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, disability, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, victim of domestic violence status, arrest or conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
- Job Family GWR & GSAC
- Job Function Indirect
- Pay Type Salary
- Gleason Plastic Gears, 8210 Buffalo Road, Bergen, New York, United States of America