Job Title: Yard Rigger Department: Yard/Finishing
Reports to: Yard Supervisor
- Assist crane operator in movement of panels, hardware, production beds or other materials and equipment in the day-to-day production process.
- Uses rigging devices for the transportation, storage, and shipping of precast panels.
- Hooks and unhooks lifting cables, ring clutches and spreader bars.
- Guides crane and is to remain in constant communication via two-way radio with the crane operator at all times as they guide the crane around blind spots.
- Place dunnage used to store panels in racks or trailers for shipping to customer.
- Responsible for signaling the crane operator during panel lifting and placement.
- Must remain alert to your surroundings at all times.
- Constant and continual standing and walking to and from all parts of worksite.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows the safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Have the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to climb ladders, man-lifts and scaffolding. Work from heights
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
Must be able to wear personal protection (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, respirators, hard hats, hi-vis vests, safety glasses and hearing protection. This is an outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Bluegrass Dr, Ashland City, TN 37015, USA