POURING FACE LABOR
Job Title: Concrete Production Laborer Department: Casting/Pouring Crew
Reports to: Production Supervisor Effective Date: 06/22/2022
Performs all general laborer construction-type duties in the fabrication process to produce both structural pre-stressed and architectural precast concrete products such as concrete columns, beams, decks, walls and floor panels used to construct highway bridges, office buildings, multi-story parking garages, industrial facilities and more.
- Sets up, cleans and prepares production bed for pouring concrete.
- Assists in pouring and spreading of concrete, operates vibrators, smooths and finishes concrete surfaces with trowels, brooms, and rakes.
- Cleans steel plate forms and sets in place, places and ties steel tension cables and steel reinforcement bars
- Assists cranes by attaching lifting devices to remove product from production bed.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of tools and equipment, including but not limited to: vibrators, grinders, trowels, brushes, rakes, shovels, push brooms, torches, wheelbarrows, and hand trucks.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and finish wet concrete before it sets
- Must demonstrate a positive work attitude by working cooperatively at all times with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the- job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, respirators (if required), and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers. Works close by and exposed to machinery such as welding machines, vibrators, stressing jacks, and concrete mixers.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA