Job Title: Equipment Operator/Loader Department: Production
Reports To: Production Supervisor Effective Date: June 22, 2022
The Loader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Front End Loaders. This position operates loaders equipped with front-mounted hydraulically powered bucket or scoop which is used to transport aggregate or other materials, feed hoppers or chutes, stock pile aggregates and level or back blade roadways/terrain.
- Operate the front end loader in a safe and appropriate manner on a rough terrain to move, load and grade materials.
- Perform calculations for differing load sizes.
- Perform pre and post operational inspections documenting items in need of service or repair.
- Operate loader controls to lower and tilt bucket when filled or to dump material.
- Operate loader on a sloped or inclined area, maintaining proper awareness of your surroundings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and other employees.
- Performs additional duties as required or requested by supervisor .
- Proven experience as a front end loader operator in a construction environment .
- Previous experience operating various types of heavy equipment preferred .
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit for prolonged periods on the loader, walk, must be able to use front end loader controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as steel toe work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401(k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA