0904 - PRECAST PRODUCT - MOLD BUILDER
Come Join Our Team!
JOB TITLE: Mold Builder / Carpenter
Are you a skilled maker interested in a challenging and exiting new position? We are a custom fabricator of a diverse range of architectural products located in the metropolitan Atlanta area and are interviewing candidates to fill a position building detailed architectural forms. We are looking for high-energy people that are interested in learning new skills and processes to become part of our experienced team. The ideal candidate will possess diverse skills with experience in either millwork, furniture, or sculpture, but also have apprentice positions available for those interested in learning a new trade. This a full time permanent position.
This position is responsible for assembling our custom designed production forms to blueprint specifications.
Hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:45pm. Overtime or occasional Saturday work maybe required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads production drawings/blueprints and constructs wooden forms and styrofoam block outs and block outs with close tolerance to specifications for concrete production using a wide variety of machinery including but not limited to: table saws, radial saws, staple guns, skill saws, brad nailer, hammer, pneumatic nail gun, pneumatic palm sander, circular saws and other hand tools.
- Reads productions drawings/blueprints and constructs forms per those specifications.
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure.
- Able to understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication and division)
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
- Have the ability to work as a part of a team and have good communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor work environment: Exposure to heat, humidity, cold, sand and dust.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
- Life and Accident insurance
- Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
- 401 (k) with company match
- Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
- On-demand pay
- Educational Expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick time
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid holidays
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 800 Wharton Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30336, USA