Gate Precast Company
Ashland City, TN
Effective Date: 04/13/2022
Position: Yard Rigging
Job Code: TNYWAC
Department: Cranes and Rigging
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Report To: Yard Supervisor
Connect rigging for cranes to move panels from finishing area to storage area, or from storage area to load on truck.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Connect rigging in the safest manner possible for moving panels from one location to another.
2. Inspect rigging for flaws or defects due to usage or damage.
3. Inspect panels in racks for stable and secure dunnage.
4. Assist in filling sand hoppers and replacing acid totes as required.
5. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
1. Assist with the inspection and preventive maintenance on cranes.
2. Assist in tying loads down before they are moved to shipping line.
3. Assist in preparing panels for finishing.
4. Assist in rolling panels as required for finishing and repairs.
5. Keep sample area organized and clean.
· Outdoor working environment.
· Exposed to adverse weather conditions.
· Exposed to concrete dust that is produced from grinding and/or cutting in local areas.
· Frequently exposed to machine noise associated with finishing and repairs to concrete panels.
· Exposed to noise associated with heavy equipment moving around site.
· High school education preferred.
· Experience working around heavy equipment and/or cranes.
· Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish/English).
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties. Gate Precast has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 1 Bluegrass Dr, Ashland City, TN 37015, USA