FUEL MAINTENANCE TECH
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position is a customer service orientated repair technician. Gate Fuel Service is a drug and alcohol – free workplace. This position must adhere to all rules and regulations that are required by the D.O.T and EPA. This position requires passing a certified DOT medical examination clearing this person for driving commercial service vehicles. This position requires excellent driving and customer service skills, good organizational skills, the ability to document data accurately for billing and a consistent ability to work in a team. Verifiable Class B or A with Hazmat endorsement is necessary.
· Delivering tanks to specified locations
· Normal housekeeping in truck and repair area
· Awareness of all regulations required by DOT
· Performs safety inspections of equipment before, during and at shift end
· Accounts for all equipment and products delivered and received
· Analyzes customer issues & requests to insure safe work environment
· Must know workings of electric and manual pumps
· Responsible for all tools returned and kept on the truck
· Have safe knowledge of electrical wiring
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· Class A CDL w/tank and hazmat endorsements (preferred)
· Forklift certification is a plus
· Pass DOT Medical physical
· Clear driving record for 3 yrs.
· Ability to navigate to customer locations
· Operate a tank crane properly and safely
· Understand cargo securement requirements
· Activities: Sitting 30% Walking/Standing 40% Bending/kneeling 20% Twisting/turning 10%
· Lifting: Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Vision:As required by DOT
· Mental Demands: Problem solves, common sense and makes decisions. Can call for help when not sure.
· Environment:Exposure to outside elements such as wind, rain, etc.
Work schedules, physical and emotional demands, and lifestyles among employees vary by the type of work they do. While the main type of repair work in our business is fairly consistent, it can change depending on traffic, weather, supply, equipment, customer schedule and dispatched workload. There are duties in addition to repair work for which our service tech is responsible and needs to be fit. Some of these responsibilities are: Unloading and loading tanks using the crane and/or fork lift safely, driving to an off-road location, climbing on top of tanks using ladders safely, repairing or replacing pumps and securing equipment and loads safely. Inspection of equipment requires stooping and bending and lifting. The above tasks demand agility, the ability to maintain a crouching position to inspect and repair customer issues on tanks, frequent entering and exiting of the cab, and the ability to climb ladders on the tanks. There might be times that the tech changes gears and becomes a first responder to a small spill and cleanup. Being that our techs are in a commercial vehicle, they must adhere to the regulations of the DOT. While working through the rigorous demand of the work day, our technicians must keep customer service in mind at all times.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1921 Zoo Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL 32226, USA