1198 - SALES ASSOCIATE - EAGLE HARBOR
Looking for a high-energy, fast-paced work environment?
Enjoy interacting with customers? Looking for flexible part-time and full-time
work schedules? Want to join a company with opportunities for growth? If yes,
then we want you to be part of the GATE family.
GATE is looking for friendly, hardworking individuals to continue its nearly 60-year tradition of quality customer service at stores in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Sales Associate responsibilities include:
• Ensuring a friendly and efficient check out experience for customers by operation of cash register and other retail equipment
• Performing store merchandising, stocking and signage placement
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment within the store and at the pumps
• Stocking coolers and shelves with the latest products
GATE offers competitive benefits:
• Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance
• Telehealth • Flexible Spending Account • Short-Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability • 3 ALFAC Choices • Life Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement • Paid Vacation • Quarterly Bonuses
• Employee Referral Bonus • EAP Program • Tuition Reimbursement Program
The GATE Store Sales Associate ensures customer service is the first priority for GATE operations by providing a friendly and efficient experience for our guests. Assists customers with finding products and provide customers with product information. Stocks the coolers and shelves. Ensures a high level of cleanliness and organization at the store. Performs minor maintenance and repairs on store equipment. Operates register to process cash and credit card payments.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old (to support the sales of alcohol and tobacco products)
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language at a level sufficient to communicate effectively with customers and team members
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, and reach (including overhead)
Candidate must possess basic mathematic knowledge and be able to effectively count cash and compute change. Candidate must have strong customer service skills. Candidate must gain product knowledge through training in order to assist customers during their shopping experience.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and split shifts
- Arrive to work on time, consistently
- Upon entering the property, arrive in proper uniform, crisp, clean, and in good repair
- Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval
- Attend all required training, safety courses, office and departmental meetings
- Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe work environment
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of the facility, including cleaning restrooms, floors, windows, and storage rooms; sanitizing pumps; emptying trash cans; changing light bulbs; placing towels in dispensers; and changing paper and ink cartridges in the registers
- Perform minor repair and maintenance on store and pump equipment
- Stock store inventory and become knowledgeable on store products
- Greet customers and assist them in locating products
- Ensure a friendly and efficient checkout experience for customers
- Operate the cash register and process customer payments. Handle cash, debit, and credit transactions. Compute and tend accurate change. Balance the cash drawer
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team environment
The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the job. This is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. The management reserves the right to alter the above requirements at any time.
- Job Family CONV STORES & CARWASH
- Pay Type Hourly
- 5000-60 County Rd 220, Fleming Island, FL 32003, USA