Corporate Social Responsibility Intern
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Corporate Social Responsibility Intern
The Gannett Foundation/gannettfoundation.org, established in 1991, supports the philanthropic work of Gannett by providing over $3M in community-based grants nationwide, supporting local and national initiatives, diversity in the media field, and matches to employee donations. In addition, the Foundation works in concert with the company’s corporate social responsibility initiative, A Community Thrives, which makes grants to grass roots initiatives leveraged through a Mighty Cause partnership.
Gannett is in search of a talented college student (preference to grad students) looking for a paid corporate social responsibility internship.
Come join Gannett, Inc., a Fortune 500 global digital media company for a Fall 2022/Spring 2023 Internship. As part of the Gannett team, you will apply existing and new skills and experience to support our Foundation and Corporate Social Responsibility team.
The purpose of the internship experience is to provide opportunities through which undergrad and grad students can develop and grow by contributing to and supporting the work of the Gannett Foundation and the company’s CSR initiatives.
Opportunity for skill development: project management, website editing, program development.
Fall 2022/Spring 2023 – Role can be remote, hybrid or in person (We are based in McLean, VA)
Candidates should ideally be available through May 2023.
Come join us. Apply Today!
- Foundation/CSR intern will support the team by assisting with the implementation of a new corporate volunteer initiative in 4 cities (no travel required.)
- Grant review and due diligence.
- Updating database.
- Processing grants and other tasks as assigned.
- Schedule flexible, requiring some business hour availability for meetings.
Sample Projects include:
- Enhance volunteerism tool kits for managers enabling turn-key volunteer projects.
- Build out USA TODAY Network Community Impact pages on the Gannett Foundation website.
- Update the Gannett Foundation website information (with Comms team.)
- Assist in the implementation of the A Community Thrives grant making program.
- Support Diversity Inclusion and Equity/Gannett Foundation programming.
- Plan A Community Thrives Celebration event tool kit for USA TODAY Network markets.
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Preferred Majors: Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Innovation, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration.
- Detail oriented.
- Capable of working independently.
- Strong MS Office and PC skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills preferred.
- Interest in community investment, corporate citizenship, volunteerism.
- Previous internship experience a plus.
- If you are selected for a driving role, these positions require a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check, motor vehicle record check and drug screen.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one page that demonstrates clean copy and previous work experience.
2. A cover letter that that explains why you are interested in the internship program and how your previous experience makes you a strong candidate.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
- Job Family Intern
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Required Education Some College
- United States