Staff Writer, Newsletters
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Staff Writer, Newsletters
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Newsletter Writer to bring voice and personality to Reviewed’s growing stable of newsletters. This person will work closely with the newsletter editor and strategist to write highly engaging newsletters that attract a growing, loyal audience.
As a member of the audience team, you’re passionate about expanding Reviewed’s reach and turning casual readers into loyal fans. You understand how to curate content for both broad and niche audiences. You have a strong writing voice and aren’t afraid to be a little weird.
We live by our mission: To help people buy the best stuff and get the most out of the stuff they own. Our recommendations and advice are trusted by millions because we put in the hard work, with rigorous testing and helpful, shareable stories that speak to a mass audience.
We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Write for Reviewed’s five current weekly and bi-weekly newsletters as well as any additional newsletters we decide to create.
- Curate Reviewed stories for unique newsletter audiences.
- Create a unique and habit-forming experience for readers.
- Work with the newsletter editor to shape the voice of current and new newsletters
- Work with the newsletter editor to run A/B tests that experiment with different writing styles, subject lines, formats, etc.
- Work with the newsletter editor and other members of the audience team on projects promoting the newsletters, including brackets, giveaways, and virtual events.
- Coordinate with Reviewed writers and editors on newsletter content.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write with your own voice.
- Experience curating engaging content.
- A passion for engaging readers via newsletters.
- Interest in helping people purchase the best products and make the most of the stuff they own.
- Experience writing copy for newsletters for a publisher or brand is a plus.
- Experience working in an editorial or ecommerce environment is a plus.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you’re onsite or remote, you’ll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Frontline Journalists
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Massachusetts, USA