Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a professional journalist experienced in quick-turnaround journalism to join us as a full-time Editor covering consumer electronics products.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world and an appreciation for smart service journalism. While a broad knowledge of general electronics is desirable, applicants should also have a solid background in gaming hardware and accessories, including gaming consoles, headsets and controllers, and other peripherals.
A background writing and editing laptop reviews is also a plus. If you’re as comfortable putting a gaming headset to the limits as you are testing 4K/HDR content at high refresh rates, this job is for you.
You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network and beyond. Our mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires tech editorial experience and a hunger for determining what is true about a product and what is just marketing hype. Previous experience with affiliate links and SEO optimization is a plus. This is a full-time, salaried role working 40 hours per week. Our ideal candidate is an experienced editor whose previous work demonstrates an understanding of quick-turnaround content production and a strong commitment to journalistic ethics.
This role will also require attendance on certain holidays or big product events, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, and CES.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to reviews of products like appliances, consumer technology, lifestyle products, and more. You’ll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Assign and edit multiple articles per week from staff writers or freelance writers.
- Work within your team’s editorial workflow to guide stories from pitch to publication in a timely manner.
- Manage direct reports and help them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Recruit and manage freelance writers.
- When necessary, produce work in the appropriate CMS, with the proper formatting, image selection or creation, and link building.
- Be available to work during select holidays and major product events, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Amazon Prime Day, and CES.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience editing and producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Ability to quickly edit stories for conciseness and clarity.
- An understanding of readers’ needs, shopping habits, and budget constraints.
- A basic understanding of consumer search trends and shopping habits.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Basic photo-editing skills and experience with programs like PhotoShop or Canva is a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO is a plus.
- Experience with affiliate networks like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a plus.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you’re onsite or remote, you’ll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Editors of Frontline Journalists
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Massachusetts, USA