Editor, SEO and Updates
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Editor - SEO and Updates
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a professional journalist experienced in editing and updating evergreen content to join us as a full-time editor helping cover consumer products we love.
The ideal candidate will have a deep curiosity about the world of consumer products and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team and responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network and beyond.
Our mission is to help people buy the best stuff and love what they already own. We do this by providing our audience with informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires editorial experience, knowledge of how to write for an evergreen audience, and an advanced understanding of search engine optimization. This is a full-time, salaried role working 40 hours per week. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced editor whose previous work demonstrates an understanding of how to produce, develop, optimize, and support evergreen content to better reach audiences through search.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to reviews of products like appliances, consumer technology, lifestyle products, and more. You’ll learn on the job and become a key contributor to a diverse team of talented, like-minded product nerds.
The Editor, SEO and Updates role reports to the Executive Editor, Core Content. We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Edit multiple product roundups, reviews, and evergreen features per day.
- Use SEO best practice strategies to optimize existing content to improve search engine performance.
- Help track SEO performance across a range of content types.
- Work alongside business intelligence, search, and business development teams to identify which updates will be the most meaningful and how to improve them over time.
- Work alongside the rest of the updates team to prioritize and manage assignments as needed.
- When necessary, produce work in the appropriate CMS, with the proper formatting, image selection or creation, and link building.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience editing and producing high-quality, rapid-turnaround, and long-term editorial content.
- Ability to quickly edit stories to be clear and succinct. Previous copy-editing experience and knowledge of AP Style, a plus.
- A self-starter and expert multi-tasker who can juggle multiple assignments at once.
- Previous SEO writing experience, especially related to product reviews and roundups a plus.
- wAn understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Experience with affiliate networks, like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a plus.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you’re onsite or remote, you’ll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
- Job Family Editors of Frontline Journalists
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Massachusetts, USA