Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #514
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
This position will perform inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of a variety of Zoo vehicles, amusement rides and related equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform daily inspection of vehicles and amusement rides following established preventative maintenance procedures approved by manufacturer and Zoo including, but not limited to bearings, lubrication, excessive vibration, V-belts, drive units, drive chains, couplings, internal combustion, and diesel engines for signs of wear or need of adjustment
• Make repairs to gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic components, engines or other motivation equipment, brakes, and safety devices
• Adjust all equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics as specified by the equipment manufacture
• Perform basic routine maintenance tasks including but not limited to oil changes, tire rotations, fluid levels checks, transmission flushes, battery installations, headlight/taillight installations and inspections
• Repair or replace worn parts and systems such as spark plugs, wheel bearings, brake pads, fuel systems, sensors, filters, hoses and belts
• Conduct routine diagnostic analyses to check and test vehicle/ride parts, systems and equipment using standard diagnostic and testing instruments
• Operate vehicles and equipment to observe, check and assess malfunctions and repairs, conduct test runs to ensure proper function and/or determine if/when, vehicles and equipment need service or repair
• Work with contractors to assure quality work on rides and equipment installation
• Respond to emergency calls, expediting repairs to ensure guest and employee safety
• As directed, make repairs to other mechanical equipment such as trash compactors, etc.
• Advise management when immediate shut down of equipment is needed to minimize damage or when temporary operation will not have harmful effect
• Ensure that preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs, and facilities maintenance are addressed on a timely and proactive basis
• Assist where needed in inter-departmental projects and functions
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities (as appropriate to skill level and experience) as assigned
• Have regular and punctual attendance
• Work modified schedule as needed and determined by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Comprehensive and working knowledge of automotive systems
• Ability to read, understand, and apply information from manufacturer’s manuals for service, repair and or component replacement
• Ability to accurately read blueprints (mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic)
• Proficient with all tools necessary to safely perform work
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair equipment
• Ability to interpret and analyze drawings and diagrams to determine materials and replacement needs
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 2 years’ automotive diagnostic and repair experience
• Trade school certification/diploma in automotive related area preferred
• Previous experience with amusement park rides desirable
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
• Certification in certain mechanical disciplines may be required to have or to obtain
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America