Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #493
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Zoo perks include free admission to the Zoo, eight complimentary tickets per year to give to friends and family and discounts on food, merchandise, attractions, admission and programs.
This position assists with preparing and teaching for the Fort Worth Zoo’s Weekday Zoo School program. This position will also prepare and teach educational programming as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach pre-school/school age students in Weekday Zoo School Program
• Teach a developmentally diverse range of students
• Report to work on time, each day of scheduled shift
• Use time and resources effectively to accomplish program goals
• Maintain effective business relations with those encountered in the course of work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent oral presentation, organization, written and word processing skills
• Ability to solve problems efficiently
• Strong diplomatic and customer service skills
• Ability to function in a multi-task environment, independently and in a team
• Operate basic office equipment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in education in progress or competed required
• 1-3 years early-childhood classroom teaching experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
• Texas Teaching Certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America