Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #492
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
This position will perform general carpentry activities throughout the Zoo as well as assist with other trades as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build, remodel, install and repair counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doorframes, windows, ceilings, furniture, fences, and other structures using different types of materials including wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall
• Routinely inspect facility, troubleshoot, build, maintain and repair various types of structures such as but not limited to fences, handrails, fixtures, buildings, exhibits, etc.
• Utilize the CMMS work order system for work scheduling, preventative maintenance programs and record keeping
• Adhere to all departmental standard operating and safety procedures and guidelines
• Ensure tools and equipment are properly cleaned, stored, and maintained
• Maintain clean and safe work environment
• Work modified schedule to meet project schedules or other priority assignments as determined by management
• Perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to function as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings
• Knowledge of carpentry techniques, methods of installation and construction, associated tools and equipment
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and other technical documents
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
One year of directly related experience in facility maintenance and/or construction
• One year carpentry experience
• Experience in the use of common hand and power tools used in the maintenance and construction crafts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America