Construction and Maintenance Assistant
Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #245
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
This position assists electrical, plumbing, HVAC, construction, and facility maintenance personnel with construction, maintenance and repair work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist trade workers by performing routine tasks
• Perform a variety of tasks involving physical strength and agility
• Perform quality work in a timely manner and maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and safe manner
• Complete work in a safe manner in accordance with Zoo safety standards
• Report to work when scheduled
• Work modified schedule to meet project schedules or other priority assignments as determined by management
• Communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements
• Follow basic verbal or written instructions
• Perform other duties as required or assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to function as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of one (1) year of directly related experience in facility
maintenance and/or construction, or a minimum of one (1) year of directly related experience in the electrical, HVAC, or plumbing crafts (commercial or residential)
• Experience in the use of common hand and power tools used in the maintenance and construction crafts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Walk on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations in the Zoo. Work frequently involves periods of intense physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting and operating tools and objects weighing up to 90 pounds, walking significant distances, and using manual and power tools and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America