Event Operations Associate
Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #449
Monday, March 14, 2022
Event Operations Associate (7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. work shift)
Event Operations Associate
Must be 16 years old or older to apply
Starting Pay Rate $12.25
Zoo perks include free admission to the Zoo, eight complimentary tickets per year to give to friends and family and discounts on food, merchandise, attractions, admission, and programs.
This position is responsible for all aspects of set-up, maintenance and breakdown of special events and group outings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in executing group events:
o All aspects of Event set-up and breakdown
o Maintaining all equipment and facilities used for events.
• Knowledge of the Fort Worth Zoo layout.
• Work after hours events as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• At least 16 years of age
• Ability to work events 5 days a week, including weekends and work after-hours events
• Basic mechanical ability
• Possess basic knowledge in computer operation
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• Customer Service experience
• Good communications skills
• Must possess problem solving skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (nights, holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
*Scheduled hours may fluctuate due to park attendance, weather and/or business needs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.25
This posting is inactive.
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America