Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #454
Thursday, January 27, 2022
This position assists in a variety of semi-skilled duties related to the maintenance, repair and monitoring of the Zoo plumbing facilities, equipment, systems, grounds and other general requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with preventive maintenance on all plumbing, pumps, and water systems throughout zoo
• Perform work orders assigned on plumbing, mechanical equipment systems and controls, and various other assignments
• Assist with repairs to plumbing systems as directed
• Assist with plumbing installations on existing systems and new construction
• Monitor plumbing equipment in restrooms for proper and efficient operation
• Operate all necessary hand tools and equipment necessary to perform required assignments
• Clear clogged drains and replace plumbing fixtures
• Clean work areas, tools, and equipment
• Pick up parts and supplies as directed
• Assist other trades as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work irregular hours and outdoors
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
• Medical and Prescription Drug (Employee Coverage 90% Employer Paid, Dependent Coverage 55% Employer Paid)
• Basic Life AD&D (100% Employer Paid)
• Short Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Long Term Disability (100% Employer Paid)
• Supplemental Life
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off (Accrual Equivalent to 5 Weeks Per Year)
• PTO Rollover
• PTO Sell Back
• Free Zoo Membership
• Free Guest Passes
• Discounts on Food, Merchandise, Attractions, Admission and Programs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America