Facility Operations Associate
Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #448
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Facility Operations Associate
Must be 16 years old or older to apply
Starting Pay Rate $12.25
Zoo perks include free admission to the Zoo, eight complimentary tickets per year to give to friends and family and discounts on food, merchandise, attractions, admission, and programs.
This position assists in the daily cleaning of Zoo grounds and buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in maintaining cleanliness and appearance of facilities and Zoo grounds, dumpster areas, restrooms, parking lots and associated perimeter areas, all patios and picnic areas
• Assist in maintaining Zoo’s recycling program
• Assist in overseeing overflow and remote parking
• Assist in maintaining the Zoo’s off-site warehouse
• Assist in setting up, staffing and tear down of group sales events and special events
• Ensure best guest service
• Support and assist with special events and after-hours functions as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be sixteen (16) years of age or older
• Ability to work 5 days a week, including weekends
• Possess skills to operate large and small equipment
• Possess skills to operate basic office equipment
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• This position does involve prolonged periods in a hot or cold environment and sun exposure
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
*Scheduled hours may fluctuate due to park attendance, weather and/or business needs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.25
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America