Food Service Location Supervisor
Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America Req #340
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Zoo perks include free admission to the Zoo, eight complimentary tickets per year to give to friends and family and discounts on food, merchandise, attractions, admission and programs.
The primary function of this position is the oversight of the daily operations of the Food Service area, including employees, food, and food locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise staff in all food service facilities and support staff as directed by Food Service Manager or Assistant Manager
• Work to further the goals of the Revenue Operations Department as well as the Food Service Department
• Maintain cleanliness and appearance of food locations
• Opening and closing of all food service locations
• Supervising and leading by positive example, as set forth in the Revenue Operations Manual
• Training of food service personnel
• Support and assist with special events and after hours functions as required
• Responsible for:
o Completing an accurate and complete inventory of assigned areas
o Completing transfer paperwork
o Enforcement of appearance standards
o Ensure that staff follows proper food handling procedures
o Maintaining inventory levels in assigned locations
o Monitor staffing levels; maintain appropriate staffing levels
o Monitoring and notification of staff attendance
o Ordering and receiving supplies
o Provide cashier support at point of sale and the Control Room
o Scheduling employees’ break periods
Demonstrates leadership of employees through ongoing training to include applicable laws, Zoo policies, business conduct and ethics and the provision of quality services to guests and employees supporting the highest level of program integrity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Possess skills to operate all food service equipment
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Valid driver license with acceptable motor vehicle record to maintain zoo standards of insurability
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years lead/supervisory experience with fast food operations
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
• Must have a valid Food Handlers Permit from the City of Fort Worth
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Team oriented environment
• Ability to work irregular hours (holidays and weekends)
• Ability to work special events and functions as required
• Ability to work outdoors in heat, cold and inclement weather
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as a complete inventory of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.50
- Fort Worth Zoo, 1989 Colonial Pkwy, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America