Senior Associate, Solvency and Capital Reporting
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
This role will be a member of the Fortitude Re capital management team, which serves the company by reporting and monitoring capital in alignment of regulatory reporting, strategic planning, and market expansion needs of Fortitude Re. The role will support the Economic Balance Sheet (EBS) and Bermuda Solvency Capital Requirements (BSCR) reporting. The position is expected to work closely with departments across the organization including actuarial, accounting, investments and risk management teams.
The position will be located in the Fortitude Re office in Nashville. Minimal travel is expected (0%-10%).
- Produce the quarterly Economic Balance Sheet (EBS) and Bermuda Solvency Capital Requirements (BSCR) filings for Fortitude’s Group and Bermuda insurance entities
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with finance, investments and actuarial teams for data needs and reconciliations to complete the filings
- Perform journal entries to the EBS general accounting systems and produce reports as part of the quarterly close process
- Perform quarterly analysis for changes of the solvency positions and key metrics for management review
- Support all finance and capital activities as part of the annual EBS / BSCR filings including regulatory approvals and disclosures
- Monitor and evaluate emerging developments regarding EBS and BSCR.
- Execute controls and reviews as designed as part of the control framework, and implement control improvements as necessary
- Assist in the evaluation of new business and preparation of proforma BSCR filings and required documentation in order to execute new transactions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in accounting, mathematics, economics, or related fields
- Professional designations of CPA, or Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience, working within insurance or a public accounting firm, specializing in capital (RBC, Solvency II, BSCR) reporting
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls
- Working knowledge of investments and insurance products
- Good analytical skills and ability to adopt a creative approach to solving complex process problems
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet time commitments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family FA - Finance
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA