Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
Fortitude Re seeks an Operations Analyst as we continue to build a world-class organization. The successful candidate will be high energy, results oriented, capable of thinking outside of the box and willing to roll up their sleeves to drive business impact in a fast paced environment. This analyst will be expected work across the various teams within in the Operations group
- Assist in day to day Accounts Payable/Sourcing processes; including due diligence/research, invoice processing and report generation.
- Work with business teams in identifying discrepancies in a timely manner to avoid or mitigate gain/loss
- Act as a resource for staff as needed in handling or resolving complex inquiries
- Support internal and regulatory audits, operational enhancement projects, and other ad hoc requests as required
- Assist in preparing the various schedules and analysis necessary to audit the gross to net balances between Ceding Companies and Fortitude Re as reflected in the quarterly settlement process.
- Serve on reinsurance project team as needed during all phases to include: configuration, conversion, migration, balancing, testing and BAU
- Support Fortitude Re management in compiling and consolidating data to build analytical reports for corporate management and staff
- Assist with managing portfolio of sourcing engagements, track savings and spend vs. contracts.
- Build effective working relationships with all stakeholders. Execute against agreed-upon commitments to deliver success.
- 0-4 years work experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Technologies, Business Administration, or Economics preferred
- Proficiency using excel and
- Experience with SQL and or Coupa is a plus (but not required)
- Highly motivated and driven
- Strategic and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and/or handle shifting priorities
- Ability to learn/adapt to new technology
- Ability to deliver results under time pressure
- Good mathematical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lead projects for departmental goals
- Ability to understand processes in a larger context to look for improvements and efficiencies
- Ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Understand business applications and how they are used by our business users including: processes, enhancement opportunities, interfaces to/from other systems, overall architecture and deployment framework.
- Strong customer facing skills, ability to influence and motivate internal/externals teams and vendor partners.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family OP - Operations
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Nashville, TN, USA