Assistant Vice President, Corporate Development
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
Reporting into the Vice President, Corporate Development this role will actively lead and, at times, assist in the management of M&A and reinsurance deal execution across the various channels while collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders. An energetic individual who demonstrates intellectual curiosity, a “can-do” attitude, and takes pride in the work product within a fast-paced environment will excel in this role.
- Assist management of the new business deal process by working closely with internal stakeholders and coordinate across functions to ensure process flow: Deal Team, Finance, Tax, Legal, Inforce Management, and Operations
- Maintain M&A governance /playbook/deal pipeline appropriate for Fortitude Re
- Lead day-to-day diligence processes
- Develop effective presentation materials for communication with our leadership team and investors
- Lead in evaluating target companies for financial, operational and strategic fit and the impact of the potential transaction on business strategy.
- Maintain relationships with bankers, for block auctions, and secondarily to assist in the sourcing of new business opportunities
- Understand existing portfolios, risks and portfolio gaps, changes in the industry and impact.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, or other quantitative field
- Qualified life and annuity insurance actuary (FSA or FIA) with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in an M&A or strategy role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders, including senior management, internal functional partners, and external advisors
- A broad background in Business / Finance, and experience in (Re)insurance/ ALM/ Investment and Capital Strategy
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts (in areas of (Re)insurance Pricing/Finance/ Actuarial/ Investments) and ability to quickly source, understand and synthesize information; knowledge of Life, Annuity products and actuarial modeling platforms a plus
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and motivated to support teams in delivering timely results and high quality work product
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Jersey City, NJ, USA