Assistant Vice President, Life Modeling Actuary
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
This role will be a key member of the FRL Life and Annuity actuarial modeling team, which serves the company by providing projections to support financial reporting requirements covering US GAAP, US Cash Flow Testing and Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet. The primary responsibility of the position will be standing up production AXIS models capable of full asset/liability Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet calculations and leading development of AXIS models for newly acquired blocks of business. Additionally, this role will be a Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet subject matter expert within the modeling team, reviewing quarterly rollforward results and communicating key findings. As such, the ideal candidate will have significant experience and expert-level knowledge in AXIS software, a thorough understanding of Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet requirements and strong project management and communication skills. Experience in modeling, Alteryx and Tableau is preferred. The position is expected to work closely with departments across the organization including Actuarial Data, Pricing, Assumptions and Valuation teams as well as Investments and Capital.
The position will be preferably located in the FRL office in Bermuda or Brentwood, TN with minimal travel expected (0%-10%). A remote arrangement could be considered with frequent travel to the Brentwood, TN office.
- Develop AXIS models capable of full asset/liability Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet calculations
- Review quarterly Bermuda Economic Balance Sheet rollforward results and communicate results and recommendations with key stakeholders
- Develop or lead development of AXIS models for newly acquired international blocks of business
- Integrate new AXIS models into existing modeling and reporting infrastructure
- Implement process improvement and automation for quarterly reporting
- Execute and design as necessary financial controls to validate accuracy of the model results
- Develop new functionality to support profitability analysis and financial planning
- Support senior management on any ad-hoc requests such as assumption development, due diligence, etc.
- 7+ years of progressively more responsible actuarial experience with Life Insurance, Annuity products or ALM equivalent environment
- FSA with 3+ years of experience post FSA or ASA with 7+ years of experience post ASA
- Significant working experience with AXIS
- Good analytical skills and ability to adopt a creative approach to solving complex process problems
- Strong project management and communication skills
- High degree of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications as well as experience with database and programming language
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Ability to manage multiple resources and work assignments while meeting time commitments
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related fields
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA