Associate, Accounts Receivable
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
- Respond to complex inquiries from a variety of customers.
- Recognize that each customer group (agents, brokers, policyholders, internal audit/compliance) has a different level of understanding of the product and respond accordingly.
- Analyze non-routine problems and communicate effectively by telephone, letter, or email with agents, policyholders, and employees of other sections and departments.
- Process a variety of premium and file maintenance transactions to apply and reverse premiums, process mode changes, cancellations, lapses, and other transactions as relates to billing and collection.
- Research and resolve complex suspense items under assigned desk code for reconciliation purposes, report total out-of-standard suspense items weekly. Work closely with Accounting Operations team to clear all out-of-standard suspense items.
- Maintain accurate, well-documented case files.
- 1 + years of relevant experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of AGNIS and VFLEX systems, or equivalent policy admin system experience with a willingness to learn new systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service technique.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions. Must have the initiative to take responsibility for work assigned and complete it with minimal supervision.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and AWD. Ability to learn new systems as required.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to interact with other team members, external customers, agents and management in a professional manner.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Function Associate/Sr Associate
- Nashville, TN, USA