Senior Actuarial Associate
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Senior Associate, Life Pricing, will play a key role in the supporting the Actuarial team on the production and interpretation of pricing analytics in support of life and annuity reinsurance transactions.
- Set up and run pricing analysis, produce sensitivities
- Iterate on reinsurance structure and treaty terms to optimize solutions for counterparties
- Communicate pricing results and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Follow applicable governance and pricing standards
- Qualified or near qualified Associate or Institute of Actuaries (or equivalent) with minimum of 3 years’ experience in pricing and within the life re/insurance industry.
- Strong modeling and technical skills (Excel modeling skills required, general actuarial modeling experience is a plus)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to work independently
- Be a strategic thinker able to analyze and solve complex problems
- Very strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family AC - Actuarial
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA