Assistant Vice President, Traditional L&A Reinsurance Operations
Fortitude Re is a liability-led reinsurer of legacy insurance portfolios complemented by sophisticated investment capabilities. the company entered into a series of L&A and P&C reinsurance transactions with AIG and received an initial capitalization of ~$3 BN. The transactions represented ~$37 BN of reserves supported by ~$40 BN of invested assets. During this time, AIG also entered into a long-term partnership with The Carlyle Group, with Carlyle acquiring 19.9 % ownership. Then in 2019, The Carlyle Group and T&D announced acquisition of majority interest in Fortitude Re from AIG. This allowed for a new long-term shareholder base for the company while maintaining a strong capital position for supporting reinsurance obligations. here for more information about Fortitude Re.
The Assistant Vice President, Traditional Life & Annuities (TL&A) Reinsurance Operations will report directly to the VP, L&A Reinsurance Integration/Traditional L&A Line of Business Operations Leader and play a key role in establishing and overseeing Fortitude’s growing L&A Reinsurance Operations portfolio.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have expertise in TL&A re/insurance transactions structures, processes, systems and controls.
- Be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Possess strong project management, communication and analytical skills.
- Be highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Be a strategic thinker able to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Very strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas and processes.
- Work with L&A leaders to define our model TL&A reinsurance office, including project management of gaps and solutions implementation.
- Oversee the reinsurance operations systems & processes, including monthly and quarterly settlements.
- Support the preparation of reinsurance operations/systems reports.
- Provide reinsurance operations/systems data & analysis to support financial reporting & statutory requirements (US GAAP, SEC, US statutory requirements).
- Review and apply internal controls & operational policies.
- Expertise in reinsurance transaction structures.
- Project management and integration of new reinsurance deals.
- University degree in accounting or finance, MBA or Graduate Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant post-qualification experience within L&A re/insurance.
- Strong understanding of L&A re/insurance systems, processes & controls.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
- Job Family OP - Operations
- Job Function AVP
- Pay Type Salary
- Nashville, TN, USA