The Product Owner will play a leadership role in the Scrum team to ensure that features and enhancements are in-scope, on-time and of high quality.
- Being the final decision maker for system feature implementation and responsible and accountable for the outcome
- Play a leadership role in the Scrum team to ensure that capabilities are in-scope, on-time and of high quality, participating in all team ceremonies including standups, planning, review and retrospectives.
- Be able to see the wholistic idea and vision of the product
- Managing up-to-date release pipeline, time and costs
- Setting the short-term delivery target based on priorities and hitting the target
- Managing scope changes and trade-offs
- Working with stakeholders, Scrum team and Product Management Group, to adjust priorities and expectations in order to maximize the business value delivered
- Translate product directives into backlog items, effectively representing customer needs.
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated acceptance criteria
- Serving as the primary source of external information for the Scrum teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer and functional/non-functional requirements framing the scope of the capability
- Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior to stakeholders
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant Product Owner or Product Manager experience
- Excellent project delivery skills with proven work experience participating in cross-functional teams
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Computer Science, Business Management, Accounting or Finance
- Experience with an international OR domestic payments company or similar industry
- Previous experience in running an Operation team in a payments business or similar industry is a huge asset
- Excellent communication skill for written, verbal and presentation/collateral mediums
- Software Release management experience is a huge asset
- Proven records of high-level productivity
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience managing cross functional teams is an asset
- CSPO is nice to have but not mandatory
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Go-getter attitude
- Result, Result and Result
- Extremely high sense of responsibility
- Extremely high sense of deadline
- Strong leadership
- A strong understanding of development best practices, and knowledge of Agile SDLC (Scrum, XP and Kanban)
- Strong problem-solving and creative solutioning
- Data-driven decision-making skills
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.8B Annual Revenue
- 800,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 9,700+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2021)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks
Create better ways for businesses and their partners to pay their expenses
FLEETCOR will continue double-digit revenue growth by executing on four growth planks:
- Sell More New Clients. FLEETCOR will continue growing sales by investing more in proven sales channels and bringing more prospects into the funnel.
- Increase Revenue per Client. FLEETCOR will continue increasing its share of customer wallets through network expansion and cross-sell of add-on solutions.
- "Beyond" Adjacent Segments. FLEETCOR will continue extending its existing business into adjacent spaces to broaden its market opportunity.
- Launch New Platform Business. FLEETCOR has launched its "new platform business" integration "Expense Management & AP/Vendor Payments" solutions into one bundled software platform.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Marketing and Product
- Job Function EMPLOYEE_NONSALES
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Toronto, ON, Canada