VP of Engineering
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire an Engineering leader to lead the Global Fleet IT transformation within our Core Transformation division and is located in Atlanta. In this role, you will This Sr. IT leader and team in US will be an integral part of enabling North America Fuels systems strategy & legacy applications landscape transformation. This role is fully responsible for a portion of the transformation projects portfolio – will be accountable for detailed design, build, test/deploy and post-production phases. They will partner with key roles globally (e.g. product owners, application leads, business analysts, technical architects) to create solutions that are aligned to the architecture principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
How We Work
As a VP of Engineering you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in a home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
The responsibilities of the role will include:
Strategy & Architecture:
- Provides leadership on overall strategy for the transformation initiative and desired maturity targets YOY
- Partners with the LOB CIO’s and Enterprise Architecture leader to ensure teams are designing, delivering solutions in line with FLT IT’s target architecture models
- Fully accountable, empowered leadership role where the service line issues/delivery buck stops
- Engages with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to ensure Quality delivery
- Promotes adherence of designs to Fleetcor policies and standards, architectural principles and guidelines
- Focus on repeatable and scalable process structures and reporting mechanisms are put in place to run a large portfolio of work in on-shore/offshore model
- Thinks, acts and runs the Development center as a line of Business
- Primary business engagement leader for the LOB CIO with a potential to expand with other LOB CIO’s
- Leads Service reviews – portfolio, projects status and Incidents RCA’s etc.
- Validates Customers experience and satisfaction measurement regularly
- Ensuring the right talent and vendor partners are deployed and assesses the right mix, scale-up plans constantly
- Mentors & develops the talent in line with FLT’s future Tech strategy
Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years in Software Engineering leadership roles with a successful track record of leading large transformations, developing and managing IT workforce in a highly matrixed environment with global (On-shore, Off-shore, Near-shore) delivery models
- Proven Technical leadership and exposure across a broad scale of IT experience in tools, technologies, and architecture models with ability to drive strategy, and also roll-up the sleeves and switch to fair amount of detail/execution
- Proven experience with Cloud enablement programs, legacy applications lift/shift and transformation strategies
- Strong, proactive leadership and high influencing capabilities – inspiring fellowship and keen interest in developing strong next level leaders with clear lines of accountability
- Effectively Influence, negotiate and lead technology alternative evaluations and implementations within both Business and IT
- Effectively manages tradeoffs between speed to market, quality and any potential financial impacts.
- Ability to comfortably and credibly present to senior management. Be able to articulate the value proposition of getting solutions built using sound architecture principles
- Excellent written, verbal skills and strong executive presence
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and a Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Financial Services, payments processing, and related technologies experience is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.comor following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Leadership
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA