Tivoli Work Scheduler
What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Senior Tivoli Work Scheduler within our Corporate Headquarters division. This position falls under our line of business and is located in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will Performs advanced (senior-level) computer systems analysis work. Work involves maintaining the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the IWS application. Installs and upgrades computer components and application software (Including Version upgrades). Applies batch schedule changes as requested/defined within the service request tickets. Applies the required changes to the defined processing calendars within the application. May supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 17, 17C, 25B, 25D, 25N, 255A, 255N, 255S, 181X, 182X, 681X, 682X, 781X, 782X, 0612, 0651, 0659, 0671, 0679, 0688, 2651, 6046, 6049, 6694, 1BX41, 2D0X2, 3D0X3, 3D1X1, 17C0, 17DX, 17SX
You will report directly to IT Director Mainframe Computing and regularly collaborate with the team in the department.
How We Work
As a Senior Tivoli Work Scheduler you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in a home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
The responsibilities of the role will include:
1. Install, configure, maintain, and administer the application servers, operating systems, and the application.
2. Work with the Server Administrative staff to install client license(s). Track client licenses installed and work with the manager to acquire additional requirements.
3. Assist in operations architecture, including event monitoring.
4. Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software, and networking issues; and provides status reports to management.
5. Maintain workstation/server data integrity by using appropriate software and hardware solutions along with verifying a schedule of backups for data archiving.
6. Take calls initiated to resolve issues pertaining to performance.
7. Determine operational, technical, and system requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of servers.
8. Research, develop, and document operating procedures for technical support, troubleshooting, maintenance, and innovative systems administration techniques.
9. Study existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
10. May manage access control.
11. May evaluate and recommend action on testing and certification of application software and hardware upgrades.
12. Attend work regularly and observe approved work hours in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
Education – Graduation from an accredited two-year or four-year college or university with major coursework in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is preferred.
Experience – Minimum of five (5) years work experience with Tivoli Workload Scheduler or other Distributed platform scheduling software, with functions to include: plan, install, configure, upgrade, maintain, troubleshoot and failures. Minimum of two (2) years of experience working on Linux & Windows Operating systems.
Substitution Note: Additional work experience of the type described, or other related education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis.
Regulatory Knowledge – Working knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly assimilate information related to TXDPS, State and Federal regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills – Must demonstrate an ability to exercise poise, tact, diplomacy and an ability to establish and maintain positive, working/professional relationships with internal/external customers. Must demonstrate DPS’ core values: Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, and Teamwork.
Organizational and Prioritization Skills – Must be organized, flexible, and able to effectively prioritize in a multi-demand and constantly changing environment; able to meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy, timeliness, or professionalism.
Presentation/Communication Skills – Must be able to construct and deliver clear, concise, and professional presentations to a variety of audiences and/or individuals.
Research and Comprehension – Must demonstrate ability to quickly and efficiently access relevant information and be able to utilize and/or present research and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
Analytical Reasoning/Attention to Detail – Must demonstrate an ability to examine data/information, discern variations/similarities, and be able identify trends, relationships and causal factors, as well as grasp issues, draw accurate conclusions, and solve problems. Ability to recognize, analyze, and resolve complex technical issues; to analyze systems and procedures.
Technology (computers/hardware/software/operating systems) – Knowledge of systems administration; of computer hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting; of operating systems and applications; of computer programming and architecture of scripting languages (including Mainframe JCL); and of Internet security administration. Knowledge of integrating the server-based Tivoli Workload Scheduler (IWS) solution with the IBM Mainframe scheduling solution. Skills in keeping the IWS application current by applying patches and upgrades Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and appropriate levels of proficiency with utilized software and systems and be able to learn new software/systems.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire.
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary