What We Need
FLEETCOR is currently looking to hire a Software Architect within our payment division. This position falls under our Corpay line of business and is located in Portland, OR. This role is responsible for providing architectural and technical guidance to a functional software engineering team tasked with delivering market-leading products. This position functions as a team leader with the team’s Engineering Manager and Product Manager. This position also interacts with a cross-functional team of architects, influencing technical direction, testing new technology, and identifying technical opportunities that will accelerate and improve our results. Strong interpersonal skills, expert technical knowledge, and good judgement are essential to your success in this role.
How We Work
As a Software Architect you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Assigned workspace in Portland, OR and/or home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Formal, hands-on training
- Work with Product Management and Engineering Team leader to understand requirements, team objectives and problems and provide them with design and technical guidance on applicable solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to feature teams to ensure development, tools, standards and implementation adheres to the architectural roadmap. Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually improving development efficiency
- Assist Development team to align their development and implementation choices to a cohesive strategy for our platform and its applications.
- Mentor software developers to help them achieve high performance in software development patterns, development techniques, principles and processes.
- Research leading edge and emerging technologies to identify those which have the greatest potential to improve our efficiency and results and help our team to plan and transition towards them.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or other STEM subject.
- 7+ years of experience as a developer or similar role working within an Engineering organization.
- Strong knowledge of .NET/C#, SQL Server, and Azure.
- Experience implementing highly-scalable commercial web applications.
- Experience with Git.
- Fluency in software design patterns, and architectural patterns for reliability and scale.
- Full stack knowledge inclusive of microservices, containers and container orchestration, database technologies, message queues, cloud-native, and front-end UI frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. An ability to tailor material for both technical and non-technical audiences. Comfortable speaking to small and large groups. Low drama. Contagious enthusiasm.
- Strong technical curiosity and a passion for collaborating with others to try new things.
- Willingness to pair and write code as needed, design architecture collaboratively at the whiteboard, and ensure a strong start to the trickiest work.
- Ability to self-direct, manage time and priorities, and sustain focus on achieving results.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements)
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.)
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Job Function Architecture
- Pay Type Salary
- Portland, OR, USA