The Tech-Ops Specialist at FLEETCOR’s Airline Division – TA CONNECTIONS is responsible for overseeing the smooth deployment of new technology features, as well as onboarding of new clients. This role’s main responsibility relies within ensuring that operations run smoothly after any client, technology and/or process is implemented. Within the scope of action this role will assess, test and coordinate the deployment of system processes, system settings and configurations, and will suggest and try to standardize operational procedures to guarantee that Airline’s requirements and processes are being implemented within the operations guidelines and leadership approval. This role will help, support, and guide Account Managers and ops Managers during technology and client implementations and day to day operations, by understanding airlines rules, contract terms, process requirements, managing communications between Business and IT support, Product Owners and coordinating a successful implementation and corrections of system’s logic, settings and configurations. This role will provide the Implementation Project Managers and Product Owners clarifications of operational processes, and analysis of client’s hotel and airline configurations among other data. The Tech-Ops Specialist will also support the day-to-day operations with tasks related to operational efficiency, productivity improvements, process standardization, bugs and issue detection and escalation.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned)
• Works as the SME/Tester (ConneX-MTE/AA-ConneX) when it comes system and off-line operations-related processes
• Works directly with the Account Management, Implementation Team and the Airline to review and understand requirements and their impact to operational activities.
• Maintains an understanding of system and process limitations, so that these are known and considered when evaluating internal/external clients’ requirements or the implementation of a new feature.
• Helps with system bug detection, troubleshooting and testing
• Generates, modifies, and escalates IT tickets tied to bugs and technology gaps that impact operations
• Support the Business Analysts with knowledge, guidance and requirements gathering so that the BRD reflect accurately what the business needs. (As well as review and Sign-Off)
• Develops and executes testing plans, dimensioning the use of internal and external resources, determining all possible scenarios, and being accountable for documenting results and issues in accordance to the project guidelines.
• Scenario testing and troubleshooting for client implementations, deployment of system enhancements, day of ops issues, among other.
• Ensures benefits and risks associated with each change are shared and acknowledged by the main stakeholders.
• Have regular touch-points with Business Stakeholders (AM, Ops, Billing) to be up to speed with business needs and also to provide visibility of all enhancements recently deployed.
• Works in coordination with the training specialist to develop and update SOP and training material for new enhancements/feature or processes that changed due to technology improvements or process efficiency
• Coordinates and manage work sessions with Account Management, Billing Team and Operations
• Maintain database of ConneX features and it’s capabilities, so that it’s readily available to all departments
• Contributes with key information to leadership by evaluating not only current products results, but also highlighting process, knowledge and system gaps, as well as internal client’s unmet needs.
• Master ops agent’s key activities and tasks to the point of being able to execute them seamlessly, which include, but is not restricted to:
o Booking and updating hotel accommodations and ground transportation
o Manage communications with hotels and GT vendors through email and phone calls
o Accurately register in TA Connections System and applications all reservations information, agreements, approvals and background information relevant for future research and troubleshooting
o Other assigned on an ad-hoc basis
• Assist, support and provide guidance to Operations Stakeholders (Mgrs, Sup, Leads and agents), when needed.
• Special projects and assignments
• Basic project management skills to develop plans, monitor progress and provide status of critical path activities.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
• Have experience with the use of technology solutions and have a basic understanding of technology terms and settings.
• Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
• Excellent communicational skills and a customer-focused approach to establish and build relationships with airline client, hotel partners, IT and Operations groups.
• Excellent ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep attention to detail
• Excellent time management and follow-up skills
• Basic knowledge of airline scheduling systems and processes.
• Basic understanding of technology terms and integration points
• Basic business analyst knowledge
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
800,000 Directly Served Business Clients
(as of December 31, 2021)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks
Create better ways for businesses and their partners to pay their expenses
FLEETCOR will continue double-digit revenue growth by executing on four growth planks:
Sell More New Clients. FLEETCOR will continue growing sales by investing more in proven sales channels and bringing more prospects into the funnel.
Increase Revenue per Client. FLEETCOR will continue increasing its share of customer wallets through network expansion and cross-sell of add-on solutions.
- "Beyond" Adjacent Segments. FLEETCOR will continue extending its existing business into adjacent spaces to broaden its market opportunity.
- Launch New Platform Business. FLEETCOR has launched its "new platform business" integration "Expense Management & AP/Vendor Payments" solutions into one bundled software platform.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
Innovation: Figure out a better way
Execution: Get it done quickly
Integrity: Do the right thing
People: We make the difference
Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.