Credit Analyst III
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
- Responsible for the approval of new commercial credit limits over $100,000 up to their approved authority. Makes credit recommendations on all other credit extensions to senior management. Analyzes applicant financial status and credit to determine feasibility of granting commercial credit. Verifies agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Responsible for a significant amount of communication with the applicant’s management team with respect to the company’s financial performance. The results of these conversations with the applicant will be detailed in the financial analysis.
- Will work closely with Comdata sales and potentially the applicant to determine alternatives to the credit limit requested in order to gain the applicant’s business while at the same time mitigating credit risk to the company.
- Review existing accounts and their credit standing for the extension of additional credit for new product sales. Interview CEO’s, CFO’s, and Controllers to solicit current financial information, as well as to discuss the customer’s financial condition if necessary.
- Perform timely financial statement reviews of a designated portfolio of unsecured accounts on an annual, semi-annual or quarterly basis. Maintain an accurate perspective of each account within the unsecured portfolio, and report on such to the Director and Vice President of Credit. Identify high-risk accounts through the review process, present to senior management and develop strategies to reduce exposure.
- Experience analyzing customer provided financial statements. Applicable experience should include the ability to accurately calculate ratios and metrics important to unsecured creditors in a business to business lending environment. Must also be able to project trends for the applicant based on knowledge of the customer, historical financial statements, as well as outlook for the industry.
- Ability to read and interpret 3rd party bureau reports into actionable information for the purpose of making a credit decision including the use of D&B, Equifax, and consumer bureau reports. Must also be able to understand Moody’s and S&P ratings in support of extending unsecured credit for certain applicants.
- Assist Managers and Supervisors in Credit and Collections in determining appropriate courses of action in dealing with delinquent or problem accounts. Work with the Sales department to determine alternatives for securing accounts. Recommend to senior and top management appropriate courses of action for high-risk accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field is required
- Knowledge of commercial credit principles and financial statement analysis is required
- 1 to 2 years of credit analyst experience in a B2B sales environment is preferred
- Strong level of personal organization with excellent oral/written communication and negotiating skills. Must be detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in a fast-paced team environment. Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills are required, with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve customer issues.
- The successful candidate will also have advanced skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.8B Annual Revenue
- 800,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 9,700+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2021)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks
Create better ways for businesses and their partners to pay their expenses
FLEETCOR will continue double-digit revenue growth by executing on four growth planks:
- Sell More New Clients. FLEETCOR will continue growing sales by investing more in proven sales channels and bringing more prospects into the funnel.
- Increase Revenue per Client. FLEETCOR will continue increasing its share of customer wallets through network expansion and cross-sell of add-on solutions.
- "Beyond" Adjacent Segments. FLEETCOR will continue extending its existing business into adjacent spaces to broaden its market opportunity.
- Launch New Platform Business. FLEETCOR has launched its "new platform business" integration "Expense Management & AP/Vendor Payments" solutions into one bundled software platform.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- Brentwood, TN, USA