Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer position will fulfill the architecture and development needs for the performance of the company’s data integration and data store technology layers. The Senior Data Engineer focuses mostly on data filtering and data optimization, but a basic knowledge of algorithms is helpful for understanding the big picture of the organization’s overall data function, as well as define checkpoints and end goals for the business problem at hand.
- Develops technical specifications, designs, develops, tests, implements, and support optimal data solutions – data warehouses, data stores, data lakes, etc.
- Documents data mappings, data dictionaries, processes, programs and solutions as per established standards for data governance.
- Creates, executes, and documents unit test plans for data processes and programs.
- Develops and creates transformation queries, views and stored procedures for data transform processes, and process automation.
- Examines sources of data through user interviews and data object analysis.
- Crafts strategies for data integration process by developing data definitions, developing a standard system that all team members use, looking for areas with optimization potential, integrating the most effective tools and setting deadlines.
- Oversees the Enterprise Systems Enterprise Data Management (EDM) governance process to ensure “a streamlined, standardized system for the company to find, manage, access, store, and secure their data”.
- Designs and develop API solutions using data integration tools for interfacing between ERP source applications and Enterprise Data sources.
- Elevates results achieved by data team by serving as its chief method of support, planning solution presentations, addressed questions, improving processes and serving as a mentor.
- Delivers data integration through the implementation of shared databases, modification and optimization of current systems, managing the exchange and storing of data, and making recommendations when upgrades or changes are needed to maintain smooth operations.
- Makes improvements to the datawarehouse processes by crafting and assessing new formats for data interchange, rewriting team expectations and procedures as needed, and improving physical design.
- Optimizes data lake performance by dealing with any data conflicts that arise and keeping data definitions up to date.
- Updates knowledge of best practices for Senior Data Developer position by keeping track of new technologies and strategies for DW/data API/ETL, partaking in workshops and other educational opportunities, widening personal networks and reading industry publications.
Senior Data Engineering Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, information technology, orengineering.
- Master degree preferred.
- Proven experience creating, maintaining and collectively facilitating an Enterprise Data Management (EDM) governance process with the business data stewards.
- Expertise level Database systems SQL and NoSQL skills.
- 7+ years data warehousing, data lakes & operational stores design and build experience.
- Microsoft Azure, PowerBI, Synapse and ADF experience a plus.
- Experience with Big Data design, development and related technologies: Amazon Web Services/Redshift, Hadoop, HDFS, along with reporting/analytical tools like Tableau and Alteryx.
- Python, Java, and Scala programming languages.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Must possess strong communication, collaboration, and presentation soft skills.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.8B Annual Revenue
- 800,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 9,700+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2021)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks
Create better ways for businesses and their partners to pay their expenses
FLEETCOR will continue double-digit revenue growth by executing on four growth planks:
- Sell More New Clients. FLEETCOR will continue growing sales by investing more in proven sales channels and bringing more prospects into the funnel.
- Increase Revenue per Client. FLEETCOR will continue increasing its share of customer wallets through network expansion and cross-sell of add-on solutions.
- "Beyond" Adjacent Segments. FLEETCOR will continue extending its existing business into adjacent spaces to broaden its market opportunity.
- Launch New Platform Business. FLEETCOR has launched its "new platform business" integration "Expense Management & AP/Vendor Payments" solutions into one bundled software platform.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Peachtree Corners, GA 30092, USA