Director, Global Strategy
The Director, Global Strategy is responsible for executing on FLEETCOR’s most important strategic initiatives and driving the company’s mid-term growth planning. This leader will take a global view of our business and help draft the overall growth strategy for FLEETCOR. The role is also at the center of strategic planning and collaborates with Lines of Business (LOB’s) and shared services to accelerate projects tied to key global growth themes.
The Global Strategy team, alongside the M&A team, has a history of promoting team members into operational roles within FLEETCOR, including the current executive leadership team, who have each held strategy, M&A, and LOB roles throughout their tenure. This is a high-profile role with frequent engagement across the executive leadership team, including the CEO.
- Research and develop growth opportunities and initiatives (example – new market or segment entry) and/or M&A pipeline across FLEETCOR.
- Facilitates mid-term growth planning process, including leading executive off-site planning with top executives.
- Summarize FLEETCOR’s strategy for all stakeholders, including investors.
- Provide project management support to deliver on-time, high quality special project work (e.g., competitor profiles, board of director communication, etc.).
- Drive research and thought leadership to support operational best practices.
- Manage relationships with external partners in support of new segments, channels, partners, and/or acquisitions.
- Foster effective and productive relationships with key global stakeholders … e.g., LOB senior execs, M&A team, strategy leads, product teams, IT.
- A professional with executive presence, curiosity and flexibility in completing work across the functional and hieratical spectrum.
- 7 to 10 years of total experience, primarily at a top-tier strategy consulting firm or investment bank; or a corporate strategy or product management role at a high growth company.
- Proven track record of career advancement and strong performance ratings.
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and often ambiguous environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the work done; enthusiastic, positive and hardworking attitude.
- Experience with B2B services and/or payments is helpful, but not required.
- Desire to work at in office at FLEETCOR’s headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading 4-year college or university. Quantitative/analytical degree preferred. High academic achievement required. MBA preferred but not required.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.8B Annual Revenue
- 800,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 9,700+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2021)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks
Create better ways for businesses and their partners to pay their expenses
FLEETCOR will continue double-digit revenue growth by executing on four growth planks:
- Sell More New Clients. FLEETCOR will continue growing sales by investing more in proven sales channels and bringing more prospects into the funnel.
- Increase Revenue per Client. FLEETCOR will continue increasing its share of customer wallets through network expansion and cross-sell of add-on solutions.
- "Beyond" Adjacent Segments. FLEETCOR will continue extending its existing business into adjacent spaces to broaden its market opportunity.
- Launch New Platform Business. FLEETCOR has launched its "new platform business" integration "Expense Management & AP/Vendor Payments" solutions into one bundled software platform.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- 3280 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA